Why Trust VigsHome Exclusive Review?
This is an exclusive review from the team of VIGSHOME experts who spend a lot of time on gathering statistics, testing, analyzing, and writing. The exclusive review is designed to help you understand products and make buying decisions more easily. Since we only receive revenue when you purchase products through our links, we can ensure that we must be impartial and objective.
Gwen Coffee Table Review
Table of Contents
Coffee tables are a useful addition to any living space as it provides a convenient surface to display décor and place drinks while spending time with your friends or guests or while relaxing in front of the TV. It is the key component of any living room which is set in the center usually standing next to the sofa. It helps tie together your seating area which can be overwhelming to land on the coffee table. Coffee tables are suitable for all types of places, also come in all types of shapes, sizes, and materials that have different features. Coffee tables offer a modern, natural look to the living room which comes with a range of tabletops.
The Gwen Coffee Table comes in a modern design with a natural finish which will go with any home interior and contributes to a table’s sturdiness. The Gwen Coffee Table gives sturdiness and the material plays a significant role in the longevity of the table. Depending on the design features, coffee tables suit a variety of décor styles. The most usual material used for coffee tables is wood. Wooden coffee tables give an aesthetic look to the living space. This Gwen Coffee Table brings elegance and transparency and simplicity to the room. This coffee table can stand alone as a décor piece and you can play around with decorating the coffee table.
Coffee tables have been a staple of living for decades now. The breadth and scope of choice when it comes to purchasing a coffee table can be intimidating. Sitting in front of your couch and occasionally holding a drink or book is all you need while you are relaxing. Modern living rooms with the coffee table have a lot more features that not only make them stylish but also give them for practical use. So, here are some of the features of Gwen Coffee Table:
- Crafted of manufactured wood: the Gwen Coffee Table is crafted from manufactured wood with durable laminate veneers in a rustics Barnwood finish.
- Two-tier rectangular silhouette: this Gwen Coffee Table strikes a two-tier rectangular silhouette on four chunky square legs.
- Black metal corner and X-frame: the black metal corner caps and X-frame stretchers offer added character and charm.
- Lower shelf: the lower shelf is great for fanning out issues of your favorite magazines.
- Top surface: the top surface of the table provides a perfect platform for coasters and remotes.
- Material: Top and base material is made from manufactured wood, high-grade MDF, and durable laminate.
- Weights and dimensions: Overall dimension is 18” H x 40.125” L x 22” D
- Overall product weight is 48 Ib. the coffee table has a weight capacity of 100 Ibs.
- Origin: the country of origin is China.
- Usage: it is a supplier intended and approved for residential use.
- Assembly: It requires full assembly, suggested 2 people need for installation and an additional tool like a screwdriver is required.
- Found in different colors: the Gwen Coffee Table found in 6 different colors which will perfectly match your interiors of the living space.
If you want to add visual interest to your living room then this is the best choice for a coffee table along with creating a bit of space. This coffee table allows that much space into your living room which will give fantastic look to the living space. This is made up of manufactured wood MDF which is made with recycled timber and fiber materials mixed with resin-based glue and compacted very tightly together. The benefits of having a manufactured wood coffee table are discussed below:
- Pleasing: the coffee table is aesthetically pleasing for the shape of coffee table.
- Doesn’t take up space: this coffee table doesn’t take up much room, of which they have a bit less counter space.
- Affordable: the coffee table is much more affordable in price for your living space which will be a perfect pick. MDF’s core ingredient is sawdust small chippings of other timbers. These are collected waste products from the machining process which makes the material cost much lower.
- Smooth surface and cuts: the material of this coffee table is pressed extremely compact during the manufacturing process which makes the overall sheets extremely smooth. This makes it ideal for laminating, painting, or attaching veneers. Once the sheets of the MDF are cut to size, the edges remain smooth which makes it less accident-prone.
- Consistent material: the material does not have a directional grain which makes it ideal while cutting intricate details or molding.
- Less warping issues: this will remain strong in areas where there is humidity and moisture. Because the material doesn’t warp or change dimensions very easily when exposed to moisture.
- Last for years: the table will last for years because of the quality of the product.
- It won’t sag: the tabletop which is manufactured by wood will not sag over time which can maintain that same strength for decades in usable condition.
- Look and appeal: the greatest advantage of this table is the enduring look and appeal which brings warmth and character to any room.
- Versatile: the coffee table is very versatile with the wooden look which comes in a variety of colors like white oak, gray wash, reclaimed Barnwood, stone gray, dark walnut, sable. The finishes of the table will work with any décor of the house.
- Easy to clean: it is easy to clean using only a washcloth or with a glass cleaner.
- Being the focus: a wooden coffee table will work with any living room décor and becomes the focus of the living room with the clear glass.
- Environmentally sustainable: this table is more cost-effective and more environmentally sustainable as it is created using wood products and derivatives.
- Lightweight: the product is the considerably much lighter weight which will not be an issue while moving the table from one place to another.
When the time comes where you need to buy a coffee table, you are going to be looking for that one table that matches your criteria for a living room. You will also need to decide on the type of coffee table you want. This composite material coffee table has become a more cost-effective and also more environmentally sustainable solution which is a good advantage but there are some disadvantages of the Gwen Coffee Table which are stated below:
- Could easily bump: if you have a glass tabletop then if you have pets or children could easily bump, scratch, or break the table.
- Not water-resistant: a major drawback is the material is not water-resistant and hence can exhibit a tendency to soak up water and swell. It absorbs water rapidly due to the fine fibers which can cause the material to lose its structural properties.
- Grip issues: because of the layering, the wood does not hold screws and nuts. These would loosen up from time to time and need tightening.
- Not always eco-friendly: in most cases, the material made with chemicals like formaldehyde used to create or treat wood may deteriorate the air quality indoors.
- Can warp certain material finish: constant exposure to sunlight can warp certain material finish.
- Cannot be repaired easily: manufactured cannot be repaired easily and needs to be replaced.
- Weak material: the material lacks directional grain. They require a solid timber frame to provide support or to be fixed in a way to ensure it does not sag over time.
- Cracks and splits: you have to be extremely careful while screwing during the assembly as it is liable to crack or split across its fibers. Pilot holes are extremely essential while screwing into the wood.
- It is vulnerable to extreme heat: the materials are made up of resin-like compounds. So, this type of furniture material is vulnerable to extreme heat.
- Requiring damage requires patience: fixing scratches on the wood surface requires sanding or removing stains which require patience, care, and attention.
- Cannot support too much weight: this kind of material is designed for a heavyweight. It cannot support too much weight.
When MDF is an emerging product, it is less durable compared to others. So, to make it more durable and last long there are some tips which need to follow while maintaining this piece of furniture.
- Do not keep in the proximity of heat: the Gwen Coffee Table is made up of manufactured wood that cannot bear extreme heat. So, do not leave in the proximity of heaters, fireplaces, ovens, stoves, radiators, etc.
- It is not water-resistant: because the material is not water-resistant. So try to keep away from water while cleaning otherwise it may sag at times as it absorbs water very fast.
- Needs care: care needs to be taken to not damage the furniture.
The Gwen Coffee Table is an elegant piece of furniture for any living room. When the time comes for you choose a coffee table for your living room that matches exactly the interiors of the room and also you can choose by the shape, size, and color and also think about the type you want and also its durability. You will either invest in a piece that will last a long time and purchase a table that will give a fashionable look.
Tara is an honest, professional freelancer who is very passionate about furniture design. Having been in this field for a long time, she has gained tremendous skills in assessing the functionality, sustainability or durability, and flammability of your furniture to ensure quality work. Tara is also a great furniture reviewer with excellent command of the language in furniture review.
How Does VigsHome Give Advice?
The VigsHome team members, in cooperation with many industry experts, practitioners and furniture lovers, subdivide each category of furniture into many tags, and give the most reasonable and appropriate purchase suggestion for each tag, in order to help users easily understand the product and make decisions.
The finish of this coffee table is noble and elegant. Want to know its secret? Read on please!
Gray finish for your coffee table, is a unique finish that makes your table unique and modern. Grays furnish on coffee table makes your working kitchen look modern and elegant. Gray it is a shade of white or a tone of black. The furnish also portrays boldness and when a furnish is applied on top, it gives the coffee table a vintage look. Gray is a cool, neutral, and balanced color. The furnish will blend well with the walls furnish of your kitchen, making your kitchen look modern. This furnish being neutral makes it easy to maintain and clean the coffee table. It does not fade easily when wiped. Versatile and timeless, gray works particularly well on coffee table. The furnish has no hue and reflects and transmits only a little light. It is also children friendly meaning even if a toddler makes scratches on the table no one can easily notice the marks.
If you want a fun and interesting place to eat with your family or you would rather have a chic and sophisticated place to eat in, a white coffee table can easily match your taste. This is because white is considered a timeless color. It will never go out of style. Depending on whether you are looking for a coffee table furnish that will match with your house or room décor, white is a very calm color. It often symbolizes serenity, stability, inspiration, wisdom or health. White coffee table will be calm and will brings an elegant look to your kitchen or coffee table. The calm furnishes is suitable for placing your accessories or flower vase. It’s easy to clean and durable. White furnish it can give a totally different atmosphere of relaxation and happiness to the room. it will also add more space to the area making it more comfortable to the eye. Also, if you choose light colored furniture it will add more brightness and style.
This coffee table is made of 2 kinds of materials, which gives it a variety of features. Read on to learn more.
Wood coffee tables are a beautiful way to enhance the beauty and comfort of your home living space. Wood is a traditionally used material to craft coffee tables, as it is known for its incredible strength and durability. Wood coffee tables enhance a warm and inviting atmosphere in your home and provide you with ample space and storage. Oftentimes, wood coffee tables are built to include a shelf underneath the table top (either an open shelf or storage hidden behind cupboards), allowing you to display décor items or use it for extra storage. You can enhance a wood coffee table by pairing it with beautiful décor elements, such as candles, decorative accents, unique textiles (such as a table runner) or floral arrangements. Wood coffee tables complement a range of home décor styles, including coastal, farmhouse, traditional and modern; each of these home décor styles can be further enhanced by styling your wood coffee table to suit your design preferences. A wood coffee table makes a great addition to any home.
Stone coffee tables are a modern choice to enhance the sophistication of your home. Stone coffee tables have been a popular choice for home living spaces for generations; they are beautiful, strong, and sturdy coffee tables. Stone coffee tables can enhance many home décor styles, including traditional, industrial, and vintage. Stone coffee tables are easy to clean and maintain; it’s best to wipe up any spills immediately using warm water and a mild soap. There are sealants or protective veneers specially designed for stone coffee tables; it’s best to check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure you are properly cleaning and maintaining your stone coffee table. A stone coffee table elevates a modern, clean, and lavish ambience in your home, allowing you to showcase your style and design. A stone coffee table makes an ideal addition to any home living space. It’s best to ensure that you take care if and when children are around a stone coffee table (to safeguard against possible injury or damage).
Every age group has a style they aspire to, and it would be great to see it on your coffee table. Read on to learn more about the style of the coffee table.
Rustic style coffee table describes everything in the decor of the house. Rustic coffee tables have many different design styles. Rustic coffee tables describe a design that is natural, rough, aged, and casual. Rustic-style coffee tables create an atmosphere that is comfortable and inviting. Rustic coffee tables are a perfect combination of different elements of design. Rustic style coffee tables meet industrial metal, neutral colours, and natural light. This combines a perfect piece of coffee tables which will be the centrepiece of the room. This type of coffee table is used to showcase the rustic style of the table by just putting a simple vase or magazine. Beautiful and excellent function come together with this style of coffee table. This type of coffee table fits easily into the shabby chic furniture already have in the house. Rustic style coffee table gives a rough look with a trademark feature of rustic design. It serves as a stunning complement to your room wherever you place this coffee table.
This coffee table is made up of 1 sub-tables, which you can freely combine to suit different purposes. Read more below.
Most often when you select a coffee table, you’re selecting one individual coffee table. In other words, you are only seeking to purchase the coffee table that will likely be the focal point of your home living space. A sole (or individual) coffee table is a typical furniture choice for many people; it is easy to select an individual coffee table that will complement your existing home décor motif or enhance a particular style you have in mind. Having one coffee table allows you to create a focal point in your home living space and enhance the beauty of your coffee table. You can enhance your individual coffee table (and create a focal point in your living space) by positioning the coffee table in the centre of the room, adding unique décor pieces or floral arrangements, or using gorgeous textiles to spruce up the look of your coffee table.
The wood-species of this coffee table includes 3 different kinds of wood, which makes full use of their advantages to make this excellent coffee table. Read on to learn more about them!
Oak is a hardwood that has a beautiful grain pattern and a rustic look, it’s used in the manufacture of log furniture such as coffee tables. Oak coffee tables are known to be durable and sturdy, since the oak wood is said to have strong and heavy properties, plus it has a higher resistance to fungal attacks as compared to other hardwood wood-species. There are two types of oak wood white oak, and red oak. Coffee tables made out of the white oak are quite in-expensive than those made out of the red oak, since red oak is much rare to find as compared to white oak. Its unique grain pattern gives an oak coffee table a unique stunning look, with a clear and smooth finish. Some of the disadvantage of having an oak coffee table is the fact that it requires more care than other coffee table, since once it’s stained it starts to darken and as a result producing an unattractive two toned look.
Walnut is a hardwood wood-species that is dark colored with very attractive grain patterns. Walnut furniture products such as the walnut coffee table are famous for their good looks and texture. Some of the advantages of choosing a walnut coffee table is that you will be preserving the environment since walnut wood is environmentally friendly and eco-friendly. The walnut coffee table is also a very durable piece of furniture with a life spun of up to a 100 years, plus it’s mold and water resistance. On the other side there is one huge con of why you might not want to get the walnut coffee table, which is that it’s extremely expensive as compared to other hardwood coffee table such as the oak coffee table, plus it easily get damaged when it’s scratched with sharp objects.
Hardwood coffee tables are made from wood sourced from leaf bearing trees, such as balsa, oak, maple, and cherry. Some of the most popular and widely used wood varieties for furniture making are classified as a hardwood. Hardwoods are known for their incredible strength, as they have a higher density than softwood varieties. Hardwoods are also extremely stable and durable, making any hardwood variety an ideal choice for high-use furniture pieces. Given the wide range of available hardwood types, there are plenty of options in terms of physical features (for example, lighter tones or rich hues, even versus uneven grain pattern, etc.). A hardwood coffee table would make an ideal addition to any home living space; with the wide range of options to select from (hardwood wood varieties), you are sure to find a hardwood coffee table that suits your needs, style, and budget.